What is the Criminal Justice Interventions Service?
Inside Out provided by the Westminster Drug Project (WDP) is the Criminal Justice Interventions Service in Essex. Formally known as the Essex Drugs Interventions Programme (Essex DIP) it provides a service for anyone in Essex who uses drugs and has come into contact with the criminal juctice system.
Services are provided both inside prision and outside in the community which enables seamless support wherever you are in the criminal justice system.
The service supports long term change providing oppotunities for education, employment, training and reintegration into the community.
The Inside Out team provides the following services:
- Assessments and care plans in Prison
- Group Work in Prison
- Same service providing services and support through the Prison gate and out into the community
- Coverage of local Police custody areas should you be arrested
- Court referral services
- Assessment for Drug Rehabilitation Requirement (DRR) orders
- Referrals into treatment - perscribing, residential rehab, complementart therapies and detox programmes
- Access to Housing and housing related support
- Access to counselling services
- Referral to a wide range of community based services that offer clients the chance to make a difference to their lives
- Referral to a specially commissioned volunteer mentor service, for emotional and practical support in / out of prison
- A 24 hour a day 7 day a week Single Point of Contact - a helpline for professional / self referrals, advice and support
call: 0808 1000 110
fax: 0808 1003 452